I previously wrote here that Sharikou had pushed out his Intel bankruptcy timeframe prediction out to 2009. I had chided Sharikou for not giving a narrower range in 2009 as in his original bankruptcy prediction he had given both the calendar year and quarter.
Today, in this new Circus Maximus post, Sharikou narrows his Intel bankruptcy projection to 1Q09.
In an ironic development, on Tuesday, October 16, Intel reported blowout Q3 2007 earnings. From the press release:
INTEL POSTS RECORD THIRD-QUARTER REVENUE
• Revenue $10.1 Billion, up 15 Percent Year-over-Year
• Operating Income $2.2 Billion, up 64 Percent Year-over-Year
• Record Microprocessor, Chipset and Flash Unit Shipments
• Net Income $1.9 Billion
• EPS 31 Cents
Intel also guided Q4 earnings in a positive trajectory
• Revenue: Between $10.5 billion and $11.1 billion.
• Gross margin: 57 percent plus or minus a couple of points.
Intel shipped more than 2 million quad core processors during the 3rd quarter. I wonder how many AMD managed to ship in the same timeframe. Anyone care to hazard a guess?
AMD reports Q3 2007 earnings on Thursday, October 18, after the bell.